Redecorating My Room | Mood Board 1


I mentioned in a previous post about how I don't really like my room very much and how I am trying to make it better, well, I had a conversation with my mum about it and she offered to decorate my room for me! No more Blu-tack marks! 
  
I don't really know what style I want, whether I want to go girly with floral patterns and pastels or if I want to go for a more cosy feel with warm colours and rustic decor. My mum suggested that I could make a mood board to try and give myself an idea of which one I preferred (does it have two 'r's?). This is my first mood board. I began by collecting up home decor magazines lying around the house. I made the actual 'board' by sticking together two pieces of card. I then got very scissor happy like a newly trained hair dresser and completely destroyed the magazines but in a good way. I decided how I wanted to lay it out before I did any sticking. I didn't have any glue so spent a good half hour trying to find the edge of the tape every two seconds! 

This mood board is for the more girly theme. I couldn't decide between a powder blue colour theme or a lilac/mauve colour theme. I took pictures of different bits of it just so you could get an idea. It still isn't quite finished because I ran out of things to cut out!


 Abbie xo




Comments

  1. A mood board is a really great idea for placing together ideas, I actually make them to help me with my art work! Great post x
    www.betweentwo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're actually quite fun to make also!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts