Charity Shop Finds


Now, I've always had a bit of a thing about charity shops, "who died in that?" and other stereotypical judgments but how wrong I was. I'm loving the whole vintage trend at the moment and recently I've just wanted to snoop around charity shops and hunt down an amazing vintage piece of china or something (I haven't found it yet). 
So when I happened to be in an Age UK charity shop I was pleasantly surprised to see them selling brand new (yes you heard me right) 'shabby chic' bits and bobs. They actually had a shelf which was labeled 'I'm brand new!' so there was no confusion. There was a few things I wanted but I ended up only getting this dark brown photo frame and a wooden heart (I'm obsessed with heart ornaments/wicker decorations). I particullarly loved the photo frame as I've been wanting to buy a load of frames to make a feature wall in my room but decent frames are expensive and that whole project would've taken a lot of time and effort. This photo frame has six different style frames of a variety of sizes so I thought it would be a perfect alternative to my other idea. It was also a bargain at only £5.50! The wooden heart was £2.00 so around the same or maybe a little bit less than what you would pay in shops like Dunelm Mill. I'm not sure if any other charity shops sell brand new things, I guess it depends on the charity. 

I would definitely recommend you having a quick browse around a local charity shop- who knows what you could find!
Abbie xo

Comments

Popular Posts