MUA Brand Review



So about a week ago I went to Superdrug persuaded by the 3 for 2 offer.  I've had a few MUA makeup products in the past and found them to be great value for money. I'm currently saving for a trip to Wimbledon in a couple of weeks so I have been trying to minimise my spending (which hasn't really worked..). But since MUA is so cheap I thought I would try a few products out!

Lipstick shade 12:
This lipstick is a really bright pink with huge bits of glitter (I'm not really a big fan of the glitter). It is really creamy and doesn't cling to any dry patches. I think it's going to be perfect for the summer months and it was only a pound! You can't go wrong really!

Lipstick shade 8 (I think):
I'm not actually sure what shade this is because me being stupid, I took off the sticker thinking it was just a barcode when I realised that the shade wasn't written anywhere on the lipstick... I'm pretty sure it was shade 8 though! This lipstick is not as bright as the other one and has more of a purple/plum tone to it. I really like purple-ly plum coloured lipsticks at the moment. It has a slight shimmer but nowhere near as much as shade 12. Again, it's really creamy and for £1 the quality is amazing! Also these lipsticks smell nice and don't have much of a taste.

Left- Shade 12, Right-Shade 8(maybe!)

Blush in the shade 'lollipop':
When I was at the MUA stand, there were people putting out new makeup and cleaning it so I didn't really get to have a good look at things. I actually picked up the wrong blush, I meant to get a light pink one but then for some reason, I had picked up this much darker one. Anyways, this blush is OK. It's nothing fantastic but at £1 I suppose that is acceptable. It's hard to blend and has a slight shimmer to it. I also think it's too dark for my pale skin tone but it was only £1 so I'm not too bothered.

Eyebrow pencil in 'brunette':
I LOVE THIS SO MUCH! This is way better than my Rimmel eyebrow pencil and a bit cheaper too! I think this was also a pound. The pencil is creamy and not too dark (like most eyebrow products). It also comes with a brush on the other end which is handy if you're doing makeup on the go or travelling.

Matte perfect primer:
This primer does a really good job at minimising my pores and my foundation goes on smoothly after applying it. I reduces shine for a couple of hours but then my skin starts to get oily again. I don't think it keeps my makeup on for longer but I really like what it does to my pores. Also, this was only £4 and apparently it is a dupe for the Benefit Porefessional primer but I've never used that primer so I don't know how good a dupe it is.

Eyeshadow palette 'heaven and earth':
I've had this palette for ages now (at least six months) so I don't know if they still sell it. I bought it back when it was being raved about on YouTube and in blogs because I never used to have much eyeshadow so I really wanted a good palette to get my collection going. All the shades are shimmery and a copper/brown/gold colour. Many people have said it's like the Naked palette which is great because I only paid £4 and not £30+ which I would've paid for the Naked palette. I really like the shades in this palette although I don't think I could wear them day to day. I tend to only get this palette out when I'm going to parties or other occasions but usually I prefer to use my Sleek Storm Idivine palette. 

Comments

Popular Posts