Disappointing Products #1: Elf Daily Brush Cleaner

I thought I'd start doing a new type of post- disappointing products! I love a good rant and I've bought a few things in the past which have been rubbish and a complete waste of money so I thought I would start writing about them.
The Elf Daily Brush Cleaner was something I really wanted because my brushes get quite disgusting on a day to day basis but I obviously can't wash them everyday. I thought this product would be really easy and quick to use in the mornings to clean my brushes but I couldn't be more wrong!
First of all, the smell. The cleaner has a strong scent of what I can only describe as a typical body spray scent, like an Impulse spray or something.That may sound pleasant but it really isn't. I really don't want to be using strongly scented stuff on my brushes because then it might irritate my skin the next day.
The spray pump of the bottle is very stiff so you really have to use a bit of effort to try and get it to work (this may have just been the bottle I purchased though). When the brush cleaner is then sprayed onto the brush, it doesn't just cover the brush but the whole of my dressing table and me. Before I know it I'm choking in a chemical hell. The instructions on the box said to use a damp cloth to swirl the brush on, so I did, except none of the product came out and I was just left with a dirty and now damp brush. I then had to actually wash it properly to get rid of the Elf product as it wasn't drying. It's basically just a heavily scented spray.
I really wouldn't recommend this brush cleaner at all mainly because it's useless. It's a shame because I really love Elf products and haven't bought anything disappointing from there before. Also, this brush cleaner is apparently a dupe for a MAC product although you'd obviously be far better off spending a bit more and actually getting a good brush cleanser.


Comments

Popular Posts