REVIEW | THE BODY SHOP LIGHTENING DROPS




As quite a pale person the bane of my life is finding a foundation shade that matches my skin tone. Admittedly, when I buy a new foundation I just go for the lightest shade they've got and hope for the best, but sometimes even the lightest shade just doesn't suit pale skin tones. My favourite drugstore foundation is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (I'm yet to try the serum because I don't understand the difference!). Despite my ever lasting love for this foundation, the lightest shade- 'Light Vanilla'-is way too dark and yellow toned for me.  

When I heard about The Body Shop Foundation lightening Drops I got very excited. I could finally get out all those foundations that were a multitude of different shades. I have to admit I was a bit sceptical about spending £10 on what is essentially white foundation (I know Makeup Revolution do one for a lot cheaper) but I liked the fact it had a pipette so you could just add some drops until you got to the right shade. 

I do really like this product but it takes a few drops (about 3 and a half) to lighten one pump of my Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation, but I guess this just depends on how pale you are. I've already noticed the level of liquid in the bottle go down quite a hefty amount (yes I am one of those people) which considering the price tag was a bit worrying as I don't have £10 to spend on lightening drops every month or two. I've been trying not to use it everyday and just use my Maxfactor FaceFinity Foundation which is the perfect match for me, but I prefer the formula of the Healthy Mix foundation. That's another thing, the drops don't change the consistency/formula of the foundation which is a win- I imagine using a standard white foundation may change the formula.

All in all I am quite happy with this product (despite being overpriced for what it is) and would recommend it to anyone who struggles to find a foundation light enough for their skin tone. 

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts?
P.S. s/o to the people from school who make comments about my blog.

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you did a review on these as I've been undecided on whether to buy them for a while now. Great post. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was the same but they are worth it if you have trouble finding the right foundation xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so super pale so I think these would be worth a go, even though they're a little pricey, I'm willing to try!

    Lucy | Forever September

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are expensive for what they are but worth it if it means you don't have to struggle to find the right foundation shade!xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts