Recent Favourites

Hey guys,
There's been a lot of things recently during the last few months that I have been loving and it was hard to narrow it down to a few! I was going to call this post 'December Favorites' but I think quite a few of the products haven't really been specific to December, so this is probably more like November to now favorites.
I have a mixture of beauty, skin care and non-beauty favorites so yeah, I'll start with beauty favorites!




Beauty Favorites:
 I've been using the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation for a few months now and at first I hated it! It's very liquidy (if that's a word) and I found that it gave quite light coverage but I did start to love it after a little while. I have the shade 'Light Porcelain' which is the lightest shade in the range. I have very pale skin but I still found that this colour is a bit too light for me. The foundation gives a light-medium coverage depending on how much you build it up. If I don't set it with powder then I find my face looking very shiny so I would definitely recommend using a powder afterwards. The foundation has an SPF 18 which I think will be handy in the summer. I love this foundation for school as it gives such a natural finish and at £6.99 I think it's a bargain!

My next beauty favorite is the L'Oreal Volume Million LashesExcess Mascara. This was actually a gift off my mum and I love it so much! The packaging is just amazing and the red and gold reminds me of Christmas all the time! The actual mascara itself really does give my lashes a lot of volume and fans them out a bit. It doesn't clump my lashes together like most mascaras and it also doesn't leave my lashes feeling crispy. This mascara is £10.99 which I do think is a little pricey for a drugstore mascara but if you are looking for a mascara that will give your lashes great volume then this is totally worth it!

A nail varnish I've loved over the autumn months is the Max Factor Glossfinity  nail varnish in the colour 'cobalt blue'. I love navy blues for autumn and this one has been perfect. It doesn't chip easily (I use Sally Hansen Insta Dri top coat with it) and like it claims, stays glossy for ages. It also dries quite quickly on its own and costs £5.99.





Skin Care Favorites:
After Christmas Boots have had a half price sale on which has been great!
 I decided to try out the Biore Deep Cleansing Pore Strips which have been raved about quite a lot. I got the 14 pack which contains 7 nose strips and 7 face strips. The nose strips worked a treat at getting rid of the blackheads on my nose and were quick and easy to use. They were also unbelievably satisfying! Seriously, it may be gross seeing all the gunk that's come out of your nose but it is such a good feeling! Weird! The face strips work just as well although I found they took longer to become firm.  I did however, only buy these because they were half price in the sale. Originally they cost £10.99 which I don't think I would have paid as it's a bit too expensive for me but they definitely do a great job at getting rid of blackheads!

I've also been loving the Tea Tree Facial Scrub. A friend recommended this to me when my skin kept breaking out. I was a little bit unsure at first because it was from a pound shop and I didn't think the quality would be that great. I couldn't have been more wrong! This scrub really helped to calm my skin down a lot and reduced the amount of breakouts I was getting. Loved it! At first the price put me off, how could something be so cheap and work so well but it really is an amazing product for £1!

Non-Beauty Favorites
For my birthday my friend Rhianne got me an amazing 'bad hair day' beanie! I love beanies and have been wanting this one in particular for ages. It pretty much sums up my constant hair situation also! It was from New Look and cost £6.99. Love it!
Another non-beauty favorite has been this book by Jenna Ushkowitz. She's such an inspirational person and I love watching her on Glee so when I found out she had a book I really wanted it! Choosing Glee is so entertaining and really teaches you how to see the positive in any situation. I found Choosing Glee on amazon for £11.44 and received it as a Christmas present.

So that's all for my recent favorites! I'll probably put up a new blog post once a week but I haven't really decided yet. If you have any suggestions or tips please leave them in the comments, I'm new to the whole blogging thing!
Bye!







Comments

Popular Posts