The Body Shop Bits

Hello again,

I haven't posted in a while so I decided write about bits from The Body Shop that I've been trying out recently. I've been a 'fan' (if that's the right word) of The Body Shop since I was quite young. I've loved their body butters from the start and have gone through so many! Some of my favourites have been discontinued over the years which is a bit gutting, but here are some of my favorites at the moment.


Shea Body Butter
I love this body butter now in the autumn/winter months because the scent reminds me of this time of year. It smells subtly nutty and personally, I don't think it smells very sweet unlike most of their body butters. The scent lasts for at least a day when I use it with the shea shower cream which I'm now coming to the end of:( The body butter is really moisturising and  leaves my skin feeling moisturised for a couple of days. The shea body butter costs £13.00 for 200ml or £5.00 for 50ml. I would recommend the 200ml because it has lasted me for a good few months! It is one of The Body Shop's best sellers and I can really see why!


Strawberry Body Butter
This body butter is very sweet compared to the shea one. Its scent reminds me of Angel Delight which was basically my childhood. It is very similar to the shea body butter in terms of how well it mositurises and once again, leaves my skin smelling of strawberries and thoroughly moisturised for a couple of days. I bought the 50ml tub because although I liked the scent, it was the type of scent I could get fed up of quite quickly. The 50ml strawberry body butter is the perfect size for going away for a few nights which has been a really good thing for me.


Seaweed Clarifying Toner
Wow. Literally wow. I've had a few problems with my skin after using other toners but this one has worked perfectly. It has completely cleared up my skin and my skin is a lot less oily. I haven't been breaking out much after using it and it is literally amazing. I regret only getting the 30ml seaweed clarifying toner because it's probably not going to last very long! The 30ml is £3.00 whereas 200ml is £8.00. This is another one of The Body Shop's best sellers and is a really good price in my opinion.


Vanilla Body Mist
Vanilla is my favorite scent EVER! I've tried loads of vanilla body sprays and this one is one of my favourites. The scent isn't overpowering and is really fresh. The only down side is the fact that it comes in a glass bottle so I'm a bit scared to take it to school because knowing me, I'll end up smashing it. The vanilla body mist costs £7.50 and is 100ml. Love it!


Grapefruit Shower Gel 
Other than the lip butter, I have never tried anything else with the grapefruit scent. I love their shower gels and since the scent of the lip butter was so fresh and fruity, I decided to try the grapefruit shower gel. It lathers up really well (I find that their shower creams don't really lather up as well). The 250ml bottle lasts for a while depending on whether I'm switching between another shower gel. (the bottle below is a repurchase (if that's a word)) The 250ml costs £4.00 and it's really good if you want a fruity shower gel.


Coconut Shower Cream
I sort of have a love/hate relationship with coconut things but at the moment, I'm loving them! I wanted to get the coconut shower cream because I liked how moisturising the shea shower cream was.  They don't lather up as well as the shower gels but they are still really moisturising. Another thing I like about it is that it could also be used in the bath. It's the same price as the grapefruit shower gel which is a reasonable price in my opinion.

Coconut Body Scrub
The coconut body scrub is one of The Body Shop's best sellers and I've been wanting a new body scrub for a while so I decided to give it a try. It does a really good job of making my skin smoother and softer and the smell reminds me of going on holiday! The 200ml tub is £12.50 which I think is an ok price considering how good it is!


Grapefruit Lip Butter
I used to love the papaya lip butter but I can't seem to find that anywhere anymore so I decided to try the grapefruit lip butter. The scent is really fresh and fruity. It works really well at moisturising my lips. I get really chapped lips constantly and finding a good lip balm is difficult but this one works great! The grapefruit lip butter costs £4.00 and is a great product overall!


 
Born Lippy Lip Gloss
At first I really didn't like this, mainly because it wasn't really glossy and I found the smell a bit weird (I have the satsuma one). But since then I've started to like it. It's good for throwing in my bag to use throughout the day although it doesn't moisturise my lips.
The born lippy lip gloss costs £2.00 and is good if you want a subtle looking lip gloss.

So that's it for my Body Shop favourites! I'm hoping to put a 'what's in my makeup bag' post up soon depending on time etc.
Byeeee


Comments

Popular Posts