REVIEW | BOURJOIS ROUGE EDITION VELVET LIPSTAIN



I never thought I would enjoy wearing a matte lip product. I have insanely dry lips anyway and I thought it would probably make my lips look flaky and chapped. The thought of wearing a matte lip used to terrify me but not anymore ladies and gents.

I know I'm a bit (a lot) late to the party but the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Stains (longest name in the history of make up products) have to be one of the most raved about drug store lip products. Quite a while ago I remember reading the hype and thinking that I would hate this product as it's matte so there was no point in me buying it. That was until I saw someone describe it as 'the matte lip product for those who hate matte lips' (or words to that effect)! My friend kindly bought it for me for Christmas and now, in April, I was finally brave enough to give it a whirl.

I went to see McBusted the other day and I really wanted a lip product that was going to stay on for the majority of the night without needing to reapply it every ten minutes. This is the only lip stain I own so I thought I would give it a try. I had prepped before hand with the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm (read my review here) so that my lips weren't super dry. As you can see from the top picture, it has a doe foot applicator which makes it quite easy to sweep over your lips. It gives a matte look without making my lips look flaky or even cakey and it lasted from 3pm to 12am. I am the type of person who always manages to get lipstick on their teeth but that didn't happen with this product. It feels so strange to wear a matte lip when I have always worn glossy, moisturising lipsticks, it doesn't make my lips feel dry at all and I forgot I had anything at all on my lips! I'm definitely going to get a couple of different shades as I don't wear a red lip very often and it would be nice to have an everyday shade. 

What's your thoughts on the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lip Stains?

Comments

  1. I haven't tried this lipstick but I like the color. xx
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts