REVIEW | THE BODY SHOP CAMOMILE SILKY CLEANSING OIL


Taking off makeup is one of life's first world struggles. Some days I'm itching to take my makeup off but most of the time I put it off like it's a chore, right until the moment I go to bed. I used to take my makeup off using micellar water (you can read my skincare routine here) but found that it wasn't great at removing waterproof mascara and I felt like my skin wasn't fully cleansed. I then saw a few reviews on one of The Body Shop's best sellers- the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. I've never used an oil product before so was intrigued as to how it would compare to my trusty micellar water. 

Initially the smell put me off a tad but I've gotten used to it and now find it quite calming. I generally use about three pumps, depending on how much makeup I'm wearing, and then massage the oil into my face. I then wash it off with water to remove all of the product. It works a treat at removing even waterproof mascara and I rarely need to go over certain spots. The one problem I have had is the fact that my vision is blurred for a few minutes afterwards, which makes inspecting the cleanliness of my face a tad difficult. However, this is probably just me not using the correct technique to remove my eye makeup. I'm might purchase the cleansing butter version of this product in the future, which might not have the same effect on my eyes. 

As for value for money, a 200ml bottle costs £11.00 but in my opinion it's worth that little bit extra than micellar water as my face does feel fully cleansed and moisturised after use. Given that I've been using it for about a month and a half, I still have lots of product left so a little goes a long way. 

I would definitely recommend swapping to an oil cleanser, I've really seen the benefits and my skin has cleared up massively. 

Have you tried this product? What are your thoughts?

Comments

Popular Posts