HOW I CLEARED MY SKIN


My skin has been playing up for a good few months but recently it has improved and cleared up. Here are a few of the tips I have picked up along the way!

Step away from the face wipes...
Face wipes are so bad for your skin. They're ok for the occasional day here and there but you should try not to use them on a daily basis. They are often quite dry and therefore don't remove a lot of the makeup from your skin. If you were to go back in with cleanser on a cotton wool pad after removing your make up with face wipes, you would find that there would still be a lot left on your face. Some of them also contain harsh chemicals and parabens (preservatives made of chains of chemicals which have been linked to health risks). I have been using micellar water and cotton wool pads for nearly a year now and I have seen a considerable difference in the general condition of my skin. Although micellar water may be a couple of pounds more expensive, it is definitely worth it. I personally love the Botanics Micellar Water as it's great at removing makeup (even waterproof mascara) and it's affordable. I am currently using the Garnier one but I don't like it as much.

Find a face wash that works for your skin
I have tried quite a few face washes in a bid to clear my skin but none of them have worked and in the past some of them have made my skin worse or have just been a bit harsh. I recently came across the Simple Spotless Skin Triple Action Face Wash and I thought I would give it a go. I am honestly so glad I did! It's reduced the appearence of any spots I have and it's reduced the number of breakouts I get in general. It has a claim on the bottle which says "results from day one" and at first I didn't believe that but surprisingly it did live up to the claim! It doesn't really have any scent and works up into a creamy lather quickly. I would definitely give this a whirl if your skin is being unruly.

Moisturise everyday
I used to be quite lazy when it came to skincare and on days when I wasn't wearing any makeup, I wouldn't bother with any skincare either. Now I realise how important it is to look after your skin, even on no-makeup days. I make a point of moisturising my skin everyday now to ensure it doesn't dry out too much and stays smooth and soft.


Do you have any skincare tips?

Comments

  1. I really want to try out a new face wash. That simple one looks really good. Lovely post x

    Lovely post! I might try out that face wash it looks really good x






    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, It is definitely the most effective of all the ones I've tried and only around £4.00 too!x

      Delete
  2. I was really lazy when it came to moisturising my skin - but now I do and my skin thanks me so much! Great post x

    Lucy | www.foreverseptemberr.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I notice such a difference when I moisturise my skin too x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts